Monday, 30 December 2013

Happy Merry New Year!! Time to move forwards and let go of stuff.

Well we've made it to the end of another year.  I think that deserves some sort of Whoop, cheer, whoorah!  and if you don't think so, why the fuck not grumpy pants!? :D

For me it wasn't the greatest of starts, pretty much the same as many before it, however, it did improve, slowly, very slowly, but improve it did.  I realise everyone's will be different, some starting brilliantly, then going tragically wrong, or it could be that it went from one disaster to another, or any other of a multitude of ways.  Which ever way your year went, if you are reading this, you did make it to the other side.  A big achievement in its itself, and I don't mean reading this :-P, so give yourself a pat on the back and or give yourself a treat. :)

As I head into 2014 I am starting in the best position since my teens.  I'm not in my usual gloomy and depressed state.  I feel relatively happy.  Now this is certainly an unexpected surprise.  This has come about because of a change in my mindset, which happened as a consequence of the counselling I was paying for.  I can't say it's a complete mindset change, it's more a work in progress.  The more sessions I had and the thinking I did inbetween each session I slowly began to realise that I needed to let go of the thoughts I had of past, present and future events/situations, and how I thought of them, in order to stop them becoming stressful and anxiety inducing. It takes a determined effort, but very worth while.  The sorts of things I am talking about are handily illustrated in this link which I read yesterday and which also prompted my topic for this post.

20 things you need to let go to live happy life

As my mindset is changing I am finding I'm able to begin to relax into my life and on more than one occasion start enjoying it again.  It's quite freeing not having stupid worries.  I have a clearer head, one which means I think more rationally and frankly better, well most of the time.  Tiredness still does put a spanner in works. :D Now I know there are situations/events where worry/stress/anxiety are unavoidable, but you could at least mitigate how it affects you.

The last thing I can say is just go with the flow of whatever life brings your way and keeping striving with determination to not allow those bad things to stop you in your tracks.  Stories in literature, film and theatre would be boring without the highs and lows of life they show, we do all find them exciting.  Your life would be boring without them.  Embrace all that comes.  You'll be happier for it.

(okay, that was a little preachy, but honestly I don't care.  If you've just had experienced/still experiencing a time of shit, then I'm sorry.  I know it may seem like the end of the world, or that things won't get better, but they will.  Please don't give up, say a big Fuck You! to the ether and show the bastards you won't be beaten.)

I Wish You and your loved ones a Very Exciting and Fulfilling New Year!! :)






5 comments:

  1. This post is perfect, you are doing GREAT! I wish you joy and happiness for 2014 and beyond. Keep smiling as it suits you. Your friend... always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacquie :) I wish the same for you. :)

      Delete
  2. Merry Happy New Year to you too Paul. I'm sure it will be a good one for you :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Merry New Year to you too Casey dude! :) Hopefully it will for me and a hugely better one for you. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Paul, I've nominated you for a Liebster award. You can read about it here to see what it entails :). http://caseydouglass.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/the-pink-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete