Friday, 1 January 2016

New Year Resolutions

Hola,

I am someone who never makes New Year resolutions, because I'm a great believer in, though frankly I am a bit shite in putting this into practice, never putting off those things you want to change about yourself, plus I think making grandiose pronouncements only sets you up for failure.  But this is just my own view and in no way a judgement on you.

So I will make this perfectly clear that this is just a timing issue and no prompt because one year is ending and another is beginning.  It just so happens it's something I have kinda noticed recently from my tentative steps towards dating.  The aspect I want to change, well I should say that I wish to reclaim, is getting my sense of humour back.  I don't know exactly when I misplaced it, but it is definitely hiding somewhere.  I seem to have lost my sense of fun and silliness and frankly just talking utter abstract crap.  I think it was spending way way too much time by myself and not having others to spark off that meant it got bored and sort solace elsewhere.

This is the next challenge for me.

If you dear reader make resolutions, do you achieve them? and what are your new challenges for the coming year?

4 comments:

  1. Nice post Paul :). I think you might benefit from getting into cosplay and going to an event? You might find that quite light hearted. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that would be a good place to start. I will see which ones are on and where. Thanks dude. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree 100% about new year resolutions! Sure in the past I have kind of made them.... Ha ha and failed! So now I am older and so they say wiser.... I don't for my own sanity make any! It's rather interesting listening to others saying what changes they are going to attempt to change!
    As for your sense of humour.... Oh I am sure it will return, creep up on you one day and poof it's there! My advice, laugh!! Laughing is good for you... I do it often! Ha ha just to keep my sanity! My mum over the years has told me no matter what happens to me or where I go or have been in what ever situation...to always keep my sense of humour. Let me tell you it's true there have been lots of occasions I have wanted to cry but turned it around and laughed... Like I say laughing is good!! I should not worry about it...you had it it's just on a journey and will catch up with you again soon.. Just like the amazing journey you are on! You are such an inspiration to many, my jaw dropped I have to tell you when I read one day that you were going to look at uni's!! I was so happy for you... The first step to a new happier future... Go you!! And now there is no stopping you! Hmm the dating,,.. Yes!! What can I say here.... Your a lovely person I know...there IS someone out there for you, I am sure of it. Don't look... These things tend to happen when we're not looking... It will happen.
    Happy new year, I know 2016 will be an awesome year for you my friend :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jax. You are inspiring to me, given your resilience and tenacity in all you have faced, just over the years I have known you. :)

      Delete